You may or may not have heard breakfast referred to as “the most important meal of the day”. While every meal you eat is important, breakfast does play a key role in kick starting your day. Studies show that it could literally make or “break” it. So why is it so important you ask?
1. Skipping breakfast can lead to weight gain or worse, obesity. According to the Mayo Clinic, “the prolonged fasting that occurs when you skip breakfast can increase your body’s insulin response, which in turn increases fat storage and weight gain.”
2. Breakfast keeps you from feeling super hungry throughout the day. Obviously eating food keeps you from feeling hungry, but eating in the morning can actually keep you from feeling over hungry later in the day. Studies suggest that if you eat a full breakfast it can help keep you from overeating later, or binge eating.
3. Starting with a healthy choice in the morning leads to healthier choices all day long. You’re more likely to stay on track when you have a good breakfast in your system. As said before, it can help with overeating later, and breakfast can also help your body crave better food choices.
4. A healthy breakfast can benefit your entire family! WebMD says, “according to the American Dietetic Association, children who eat breakfast perform better in the classroom and on the playground, with better concentration, problem-solving skills, and eye-hand coordination.”
5. Eating breakfast could help lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and many other disorders. It helps keep your body in check!
So what is a healthy breakfast? According to Health.com, “You want to aim for a breakfast that combines good carbs and fiber with some protein.”
Its suggested that you eat within an hour of waking for your body to fully benefit from it. Doing so can help you avoid weight gain, keep you from feeling super hungry throughout the day, make healthier food choices all day long, improve your performance, and lower your risk for major diseases! So next time you set your alarm clock remember to make time for breakfast!!
Want to check out some delicious recipes for a gluten free breakfast? Click here!
Products I Use