1 medium spaghetti squash
1 jar Prego traditional pasta sauce (or your favorite kind)
1 cup grated manchego or parmesan goat cheese. (optional)
Spaghetti squash is a light and enjoyable dish that will work as a side or entree, depending on your preferences. I love to flavor it up with spaghetti sauce and goat cheese.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut squash in half long ways and scoop out seeds.
3. Place on a cookie sheet inside up and cook for 45 minutes to an hour or until squash is tender.
4. Take out of oven and let cool.
5. Once cool, use a fork to shred the squash into spaghetti-like pieces, starting from the outside moving towards the center.
6. Warm your spaghetti sauce in a medium sauce pan, then pour over squash.
7. For extra flavor, top with grated cheese.