1 ½ pound large scallops
½ pound thin sliced bacon
¼ cup barbeque sauce (Sweet Baby Rays is recommended)
pinch of kosher salt
pinch of ground black pepper
- One scallop at a time, wrap bacon completely around and skewer with toothpick.
- Lay scallops out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the scallops and continue by spreading a pinch of kosher salt and pepper.
- Brush barbeque sauce over the top and sides of wrapped scallops until evenly coated.
- Broil on high for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is cooked (appears a deep redish brown color), flip once within this time.
- Allow 5 minutes for it to cool.