Gluten-Free French Dip Crescent Rolls
I found some beautiful looking French Dip Crescent rolls, but I wanted them to be Gluten-Free of course!
Gluten-Free French Dip Crescent Ingredients:
- Chebe Crescent Rolls
- 1 package (7.5 oz.) Original Chebe Bread Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp water or milk
- 2 Tbsp oil or melted butter
- 1 pound deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Swiss or provolone cheese, cut in 16 equal sized pieces (or dairy free cheese)
- optional: Horseradish Sauce
- optional: Au Jus for dipping (click here for my Easy Au Jus recipe!)
French Dip Crescent Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Prepare dough according to package directions.
- When the dough is smooth and well blended, divide in two pieces (about 8 oz each).
- On a clean surface, with the heel of your hand, press one of the pieces into a circle. (You may wish to dust the surface of the dough with a gluten free flour.)
- With a rolling pin, continue pressing the dough outward until it is about 1/8” thick, or about 8” diameter.
- With a knife, cut like a pie into 8 pieces.
- Roll crescent dough onto a large cookie sheet.
- Spread a small dab of horseradish on each crescent, then place a slice of roast beef and a piece of cheese on each crescent.
- Roll crescents starting from the wide end and ending at the narrow end.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 185 minutes, until crescents are a golden color. Place the baking pan with the 16 crescents into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them toward the end. Depending on the oven, they may need an extra few minutes.
- Serve with Au Jus and enjoy!
Other ideas I might try with the Chebe Dough:
Bratwurst Crescents with Curry Mustard
Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls
Mini Apple Pie Pockets