2lbs ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
½ cup dehydrated bell & red peppers
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp black pepper
1-4oz can diced jalapenos, drained
1 cup green olives, sliced
1 cup capers
1 cup raisins
2 cups peas
2 cans diced tomatoes
4 cups white rice (already cooked)
1. In a large pot, mix olive oil, onion, and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes or onions are soft.
2. Mix in peppers and cook another 3 minutes or until peppers are soft and onions are clear.
3. Add ground beef and cook until brown and crumbly.
4. When finished, add cumin, kosher salt, black pepper, bay leaves, and jalapenos and mix well.
5. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, raisins, and peas and mix well.
6. Bring to a boil and cover with a tight fitted lid and turn to simmer.
7. Cook for 20 minutes.
8. Serve over white rice.