3 cloves garlic minced
1 medium onion chopped
8 oz sliced mushrooms
2 chicken bouillon cubes crushed
3 cups unsweetened rice milk (or your favorite milk)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
¼ cup brown rice flour
4 tbsp dairy free butter
½ cup vodka (any kind)
2-15oz cans tomato sauce
1 package brown rice pasta (fettuccini style)
2 lbs jumbo shrimp
Manchego or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large pot, cook pasta following recipe on package.
- Sauté garlic, onion, and mushrooms in olive oil for about 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pot, melt butter and add flour, creating a paste as it thickens.
- Add oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and bouillon.
- Using a wire whisk, add milk 1 cup at a time, continuing to stir until thickened.
- Add vodka and continue stirring.
- Add garlic, onion, and mushroom mixture back in the pot.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Add raw shrimp and stir with spoon about 6 minutes, or until shrimp is tender.
- Serve over pasta. Sprinkle cheese over top for added flavor, if desired.