- Mixing Bowl
- Potato Smasher
- Measuring Cup
- 2 – 29oz cans of yams
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 – 20oz can of crushed pineapple
- 1 bag marshmallows (enough to cover the top of your yams, add more if desired)
Step by Step
1. Drain the cans of yams and pour them into a medium sized baking dish.
2. Using a potato masher, quickly mash the yams together in the dish.
3. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, all spice, and pineapple and continue to mash together until everything is well mixed.
4. Spread marshmallows on top of the yams and cook at 350 degrees for 15-20 or until marshmallows become nice and soft.
5. Broil for 5 minutes or until marshmallows are brown.