6 bell peppers (orange, red, green, or yellow)
2 tbsp nucoa buttery stick (or your favorite kind)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1-1/2 lbs ground beef
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups shredded cheese
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and membranes.
- Chop edible parts off tops and set aside.
- Rinse peppers in cold water.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Chop the edible parts of the pepper tops into small pieces and sauté them with the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, oregano, 1 tsp salt, black pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper, Worchester sauce, beef, rice, and tomato mixture.
- Stuff peppers with mixture and place in 13×9 baking dish with ½” of water in the bottom and bake 375 for 60 minutes covered.
- Uncover and top with cheese and any remaining tomato sauce and bake for 15 more minutes uncovered.